The significance of having your 2015 Hyundai Sonata headlight replacement cannot be expressed regarding safe nighttime driving and inclement weather. An inevitable part of aging is fogging, dimming, and even burnout of your headlights. As soon as these issues appear, ensuring safety while driving becomes essential.
This post will walk you through the step-by-step procedure of changing your 2015 Sonata headlights. Along with these topics, we’ll review the best time to replace your headlights and what supplies and tools you’ll need.
What Causes Headlight Failure?
Before adjusting your headlights, let’s go over the fundamentals. What causes headlights to fail in the first place? There are four main reasons for this:
- Age: Headlight bulbs wear out like every other type of light bulb. Engine vibrations and normal wear and tear take their toll on the filament, which may eventually break. This is incredibly aggravating because your headlight bulbs were most likely put concurrently, which means that if one fails, the other will fail sooner rather than later.
- Extreme temperature fluctuations: As the temperature changes, your filament grows and contracts, putting more strain on it. A harsh freeze followed by a warm day can substantially reduce the life of your bulb.
- The light housing has been damaged: Halogen bulbs, mainly, are prone to moisture damage. Moisture and humidity will enter if the headlight housing cracks. You can replace the bulb in this case, but it will likely burn out within a few days. Halogen bulbs are so sensitive that even your finger sweat can cause them to fail. To avoid this, wear rubber gloves when replacing a replacement bulb.
- Oxidation: The plastic casing of your headlight might oxidize with time, causing the light to grow dimmer and yellower. The lamp does not entirely go out, but you gradually lose visibility. Replacing the bulb will not assist in this case. The complete headlight housing must be replaced.
How To Replace 2015 Hyundai Sonata Headlight Bulb Replacement
Please don’t worry about changing the headlight bulb on your 2015 Hyundai Sonata. The job is easy. This first step requires a trip to a nearby auto shop for a suitable replacement bulb. If you know your car’s year, make, and model, it should be easy and quick to find the correct bulb. Once you have the new bulb, you can start replacing it. Here’s what you need to do, detailed steps included:
1. Turn off your vehicle. You don’t want to touch a live wire, so turn off your engine and remove your keys from the ignition.
2. Remove your hood. Look under the hood for the headlight housing. Depending on the vehicle’s make and model, locating or hidden beneath other under-hood components may be easy.
3. Unplug the headlight cables. A set of wires will be connected to the back of the lightbulb housing. To get a tab or a clip to release, you usually have to press on it.
4. Discard the old headlamp. Depending on your car, this step can be simple or complicated. The headlight housing can be easily removed in some vehicles with minimal effort. In other cars, an obstacle could be the air filter, battery, or other components. As a result, you may need to pull out your ratchet set.
Once the housing has been removed, it is time to replace the bulb. Some bulbs are screwed in, but most are inserted into sockets with locking tabs. Take care when removing your old bulb! If you damage one of the locking tabs, you must replace the complete headlight housing. Take your time, figure out how the bulb locks in, and gently remove the old one.
5. Replace the light bulb. Close the locking tabs after inserting your replacement bulb. Remember to wear gloves to avoid contaminating the bulb. Replace the headlight housing and any other pieces that had to be removed for access.
All that remains is to put your headlights to the test! If the bulb was the issue, both of them should be lit at this point.
Hyundai Sonata 2015 Headlight Bulb Size
You will search for a 2015 Hyundai Sonata headlight replacement if you need to change the headlights on your 2015 Hyundai Sonata. You can find 9005 bulbs that work with these headlights for between $4 and $12 each. You can also buy bulbs that last a long time, so you won’t have to change them as often. Since these 9005 bulbs are pretty famous, you should be able to find them quickly at stores near you if you need them immediately. It shouldn’t cost more than $150 for a professional mechanic to do the replacement, including the tools and the labour.
What Headlight Options Are Available For The Hyundai Sonata?
For a 2015 Hyundai Sonata headlight replacement, you must understand the two leading illumination technologies: HID bulbs and LEDs. These technologies are essential to the 2015 Hyundai Sonata’s headlights.
Headlights for the 2015 Hyundai Sonata are best with HID bulbs. A glass box holds noble gas and two tungsten electrodes. When gas is introduced into the housing, a stunning electrical arc occurs between the electrodes, and they get an electrical charge. This produces intense, efficient light. HID lights last 1,000–2,000 hours and is durable.
LEDs, however, are unique. These light sources are made of semiconductor materials and are very small. LEDs are small but bright and energy efficient. LEDs stay cool to the touch throughout extended use, a significant benefit. LEDs’ durability sets them apart, especially for 2015 Hyundai Sonata headlight replacements. Your car can be lighted for 50,000 hours with LED headlights.
2015 Hyundai Sonata Headlight Replacement
Several procedures are involved in replacing the 2015 Hyundai Sonata headlight. The following is a general guide to assist you in the process:
Parts And Tools Required:
- Fresh headlight bulbs (the type of bulb to use is unique; consult your owner’s handbook)
- Screwdriver Gloves (to prevent bare hands from touching the lightbulb)
- A paper towel or a clean cloth
- Safety eyewear is optional.
Lift The Hood:
- Make sure the vehicle is off and that the headlights are off.
- Find the hood release lever inside the car, usually under the dashboard on the driver’s side of the steering column.
- After popping the hood with the lever, proceed to the front of the car and raise the hood.
- Find the Headlight Assembly location.
- Find the headlamp assembly that needs to be changed. The front of the majority of cars has two headlight assemblies.
Pop The Cover Of The Headlight Bulb:
The headlight assembly has a plastic or rubber cover behind it. To reach the bulb socket, twist or unclip the cap.
Take The Bulb Out:
The old headlight bulb should be carefully taken out of the socket. Avoid touching halogen lightbulbs with your bare hands, as the oils from your skin can shorten their lifespan. Use a fresh cloth or gloves.
Substitute A New Bulb:
- Ensure not to touch the glass portion of the bulb; place the 2015 Hyundai Sonata headlight replacement headlight bulb into the socket.
- Put the plastic or rubber cover back on.
- Examine the headlight.
- Turn on your headlights to ensure the replacement bulb is operating correctly. Verify the installation of the bulb if it isn’t lit up.
- If you had to remove the headlight assembly for easier access, put it back in place.
- Any clips or screws holding the headlight assembly in place should be tightened.
If Required, Repeat For The Other Headlight:
To replace both headlights, proceed with the opposite side of the car using the same procedure.
Shut Off The Hood:
Make sure the hood is firmly closed before lowering it gently.
How Do You Put LED Bulbs In The Headlights Of A Hyundai Sonata?
When your Hyundai Sonata’s original HID low-beam bulbs burn out, it’s standard practice for Hyundai Sonata owners to change to LED headlights. While LED headlight bulbs look considerably different from traditional HID counterparts, installing these futuristic low-beam emitters in the Sonata is straightforward. It is strongly advised that both bulbs in your vehicle be replaced simultaneously.
- Close the hood and turn off the engine. Choose a side to begin with.
- Remove the plastic cap from the headlight assembly’s back. Disengage the metal wire and disconnect the electrical harness. Take the bulb out of the housing.
- Replace the LED bulb by inserting it into the bulb housing. Connect the bulb’s ballast to the electrical harness.
- Replace the back plastic cap of the headlight assembly. Repeat these steps on the opposite side.
How Do You Change The Headlight Assemblies On A Hyundai Sonata?
The complete Sonata headlamp assembly must often be replaced when dealing with a fractured lens or other headlight difficulties in your Hyundai. Both headlight assemblies should be changed at the same time. To return the headlight assemblies in your Hyundai, follow these simple steps:
- Close the hood and turn off the engine. Remove the four screws and two 10-millimeter bolts from the grille’s top. Remove the four screws from each inner wheel well. Remove the screws from the grille’s bottom.
- Lift the grille gently to detach it from the vehicle. Choose a side and remove the three 10-millimetre bolts and two screws from the top of the headlamp assembly.
- Remove the assembly from the car and unplug the electrical harness.
- Replace the assembly in the hollow and attach the electrical harness. To secure the community, insert the bolts and screws.
- To finish the installation, repeat these steps on the opposite side and reconnect the grille.
Low Beam Headlight Bulb For 2015 Hyundai Sonata
Your 2015 Hyundai Sonata could be the best car you’ve ever driven. Or maybe you’re just battling to keep it roadworthy. Whatever your condition, Advance Auto Parts has the Low Beam Headlight Bulb product you require.
We currently have 10 Low Beam Headlight Bulb options for your 2015 Hyundai Sonata, with prices ranging from $10.49 to $149.99.
In addition to affordable rates, Advance Auto Parts carries three trusted brands of cheap Beam Headlight Bulb items for the 2015 Hyundai Sonata.
Don’t just take our word for it; read user ratings and reviews to make an informed purchase. Previous customers have left 1,512 reviews for our Low Beam Headlight Bulb items for the 2015 Hyundai Sonata.
Have parts sent to your door, or visit your local Advance Auto Parts store to see our Low Beam Headlight Bulb inventory in person!
2015 Hyundai Sonata Headlight Assembly Replacement Guide
To change the headlight part on your 2015 Hyundai Sonata, do these things:
- Open the Hood: Open your Sonata’s hood and ensure it stays in place.
- Find the Headlight Assembly: Choose the right headlight to work on based on whether you’re changing the assembly on the driver’s or passenger’s sides.
- Take Off the Front Bumper Cover: To get to the headlight system, you may need to remove the front bumper cover. This step may differ if your Sonata is another model year or trim level. Look in your owner’s manual for specific directions on removing the bumper.
- Turn off the lights and wires: Carefully pull the cable harness away from the back of the headlight assembly. Also, take off any lights that are attached to the community.
- Remove the mounting bolts: Find the bolts holding the headlight unit. Usually, three or four nuts have it in place. To take these nuts off, you’ll need the right tools. Please don’t touch them, because you’ll need them later.
- Please remove the Old Part: Carefully pull the old headlight part out of its frame. Be careful not to hurt the things around you.
- Install the New Assembly: Carefully fit the new headlight assembly into the frame by ensuring it is lined up with it. Make sure it works well and stays in place.
- Mounting Bolts: Put the mounting bolts back and tighten them up. However, be careful not to tighten them up too much because that could damage the assembly or housing.
- Connect Wiring and lights: Connect any rays taken off earlier and the wiring harness. Make sure they are firmly in place.
- Test the Headlights: Turn on your headlights to ensure the new part works right. Check both the high and low lights.
- Put the Bumper Cover Back Together: If you had to remove the front bumper cover, carefully put it back on by following the directions in your owner’s guidebook.
- Adjust Headlight Aim: Ensure the headlights are properly aligned so they don’t blind cars coming the other way. For help with this adjustment, look at your owner’s guidebook.
- Close the Hood: When the new headlight assembly is working right and pointing straight ahead, close the hood firmly.
Where Can Buy Car Headlights Online In Canada?
You can buy headlights for a Canadian car online, especially from Shayan Auto Parts. This reputable online store sells many kinds of car headlights and other related items. Shayan Auto Parts is a great place to buy Canadian car headlights online because it is easy and gives you a lot of choices. Are you looking for replacement bulbs, whole headlamp assemblies, or other types of lighting? You can easily find them and order them from the safety of your own home. Make sure you buy your headlamps from Shayan Auto Parts, a well-known and trusted store in the auto parts business, to get the best quality and compatibility.
When it comes to the 2015 Hyundai Sonata headlight replacement, where you get them has a lot to do with how good they are. If you’re unsure which headlight bulb suits your car, you can find a wide selection of high-quality Hyundai headlight bulbs, lenses, and assemblies at trustworthy shops, both online and in person. Experts in the field have carefully chosen these parts to ensure that every new piece you buy fits and works perfectly.
Q1: How often should I replace the headlights on my Sonata?
A: Although headlights can last between 500 and 1,000 hours, replacing them every two to three years is a good idea.
Q2:Should I hire someone to change the lights, or can I do it myself?
A: Yes, you can adjust the lights yourself. If you’re unsure, consult a mechanic.
Q3: Are the LED headlights on the 2015 Sonata superior to normal ones?
Answer: LED headlights consume less power and improve visibility; however, they may need to be installed by a professional because they are challenging to install.
Q4: How Should I Adjust The Headlight Beam?
A: Refer to your owner’s manual to learn how to adjust the angle of the torch beam.
Q5: Should I replace my foggy headlights, or can they be repaired?
A: Most of the time, headlight repair tools can clear foggy headlights. However, if the damage is severe enough, the headlights may need to be replaced.